Thursday, January 15, 2009

January 15, 2009

Holy Poo! It is cold here in Michigan, this morning it was four below zero Fahrenheit when I got up at 6 a.m., I haven't felt this cold of weather since 1989 to 1992 when my parents and sister and I lived in Alaska! But then it isn't that cold to them, I bet some of my old school chums would still be in shorts up there and not wearing their jackets, convinced a heat wave had come through... Not so here in the good old lower 48 states that almost never feel the Arctic air, especially in the lower peninsula of Michigan, geeze!

It surprises me, but... we go on, at least the emergency sprinkler system pipes didn't freeze up this year in the building, last year when that happened we were standing outside the building two different times, and it seemed like forever because the fire alarms go off when pipes burst. It takes forever to get an "all clear" for a 7 floor building so staff to return to their offices. I am just glad that I never skimp on my winter wearing gear, never forgot the lessons I learned in the AK but your blood gets used to the warmer temps and thins out making you a wuss again and again every time the Arctic weather comes to visit, my old school chums would be picking on me forever if they knew I was complaining... but oh well I have been down here in Michigan since 1992 now and I think, my body has acclimated there is nothing I can do about it, so laugh away my old friends, I bet I could make you cry from the heat and humidity in the summer here though! ;)

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment