Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009

Ok Sorry I have not been posting, life has been very hectic...but here is something to ponder on.

Is there a support group for what I have been inducted into?

I ask this because I am the mother (or if you prefer hard facts, I am a step-mother) of a 14 year old girl. This weekend my mother’s curse on me came true. I will be going through my own teenage years of horror, much like my mother did with me. I now wish I hadn’t been such a hooligan in my own teen years.

I had thought I had talked enough about respect for yourself and that you shouldn’t do anything that can embarrass yourself or your family, but evidently it fell on deaf ears. A girl’s reputation and her “pureness” are sacred. At least they better be...grrrrr.

You know I have read the articles about parents finding out what their teens are doing, and I always thought, “Oh that won’t be me, she’s such a good girl.” I have now walked into true reality and the blindfold has been ripped away from my eyes.

I don’t like it.

I have had nightmares about this.

Pray for me, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment