Tuesday, December 16, 2008

October 24, 2008


First Note: Today is the second anniversary of my blog here on Yahoo. Now I don't blog everyday but I do have to say there is an irony between this blog and my first one. So go ahead read this one and then go check out my first blog, and you will see how much my pets mean to me.
LOL Peace!
A REALLY BIG bit of GOOD NEWS!!!!!!
My dog is HOME!!!!!!
It happened on the 21st, my dearly departed Grandmother's birthday.
Around 11:30pm a call came in on my husband's cell phone, surprised as we were about someone calling that late (When every one KNOWS that Skinney goes to bed an early as he can so he can sleep as many hours as possible - he starts as early as 7pm sometimes.) Skinney answered the phone.
The person on the other end of the phone said he thinks his neighbor has our dog.
Skinney didn't sit up in bed, but you could tell he was wide awake now talking to the guy.
The back story is like this:
1. The guy calling us went to go get a pizza.
2. Seven weeks ago Skinney posted one of our "missing" signs on the window next to the pizza place as the next shop was vacant.
3. The guy calling took the "missing" sign and went home and called us.
Now back to the juicy part!
4. Skinney and the guy had a few conversations about 10 minutes apart for a bit discussing the dog, the guy who had our dog, his behavior, etc. Noting how long the guy had had our dog and the fact the he had renamed my Nibbles to "Killer" (UGH!) and so on. (HOW UNORIGINAL!)
5. Skinney and the guy agreed that the next time he saw his neighbor out he would give Skinney a call to come on over but he didn't want to be involved as it was his neighbor and he had to live there. (I understand that bit completely it’s bad enough to live next to someone, but to not get along with them?? Ooh, bad news there.)
6. At 12:15am the guy called Skinney again saying his neighbor was outside and was walking our dog.
7. I had enough time to give Skinney a copy of our "missing" sign and he was out the door going to the apartment complex where our dog was being kept. I couldn’t have moved fast enough to go with him,
This part gets fuzzy for me as Skinney is not a good story teller:
8. When he got there a woman was walking our dog. Skinney approached her and told her it was his dog.
9. Somewhere along the line (see fuzzy area) a guy came into this conversation and claimed he had paid $200 for our dog.
(SIDE NOTE: WHO THE HELL BUYS A FULL-GROWN-MALE PIT BULL?? OR PAYS $200 FOR AN UNPAPERED PIT BULL? IS HE INSANE??? AND WOULDN’T YOU WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THEY GUY HAD THE RIGHT TO SELL THE DOG IF YOU WERE GOING TO SHELL OUT THAT MUCH MONEY FOR A DOG??)
10. Jason pulled out the "missing" sign and also shows him pictures on his phone of our dog.
11. The guy then accuses Skinney of giving another guy (the one he bought the dog from) our dog and then came back to scam him and take the dog leaving him out $200.
(AGAIN, WHO IN THE HELL BUYS FULL-GROWN-MALE PIT BULL?? OR PAYS $200 FOR AN UNPAPERED PIT BULL? IS HE INSANE??? PLUS WHY WOULD IT TAKE 7 WEEKS FOR THIS SCAM TO BE BROUGHT TO AN END??? I MEAN WTF????)
12. Skinney told the guy "Look I don't want to do this but if you don't give me the dog, I am going to call the cops as I have his registration papers and license in the car and you can go to jail for theft." (I am sure it wasn't said that cool, but that's another part of the fuzzy.)
13. The guy gave Skinney our dog.
THE NEXT DAY!
Obviously that night there was great rejoicing a home and much happiness for the humans, who had stayed up WAY TOO late and still had to go to work the next morning. To this day the two boys, Nibbles and Polo are still working out how cool or un-cool this return home situation really is. It’s slowly working towards cool, but the first night was not cool for either one of them, Polo knowing he isn’t top dog anymore and not happy about it and Nibbles seeing his little brother is now bigger than him...
1. After work Skinney gets a call, it is from the guy that had our dog; Jason had evidently agreed the night before to some kind of reward for him. I NEVER would of agreed to that but, Skinney can be a push over and/or agree to almost anything to get what he wants and he wanted the dog, I doubt I would of let him in the house without him that night!
2. Jason goes to meet the guy and actually gives him money for taking care of our dog, (I STILL can’t believe he did that!)
3. The guy then actually asks if he could have a type of visitation rights to our dog since he had taken care of him for so long. (Thankfully I agree with what Skinney said to that.)
4. Skinney said “No.”
(SIDE NOTE: I mean would you really invite the guy that kept your dog and probably had seen one of your “missing” signs on the major road corners and chose to keep your dog anyway to your house? Or be comfortable with him know where you live when he was stupid enough to buy a FULL GROWN PIT BULL? FOR $200?? Like I would let him know where I live so he could steal both of my Pit Bulls, WTFE!)
Later that same day:
1. The guy who had originally called us, the one in my opinion, who deserves the reward money not that idiot from before.
2. Skinney and him have a conversation and agree to meet this weekend as the man works nights and Skinney works EARLY days, and Skinney will give him a reward of money too.
I still say he far more deserves it than the guy who had willingly kept my dog and tried to argue to keep him. He at first had originally refused a reward, but like any sane person, he called Skinney later to say, that it wasn’t too big of a deal but if he could throw him something it would be appreciated. I think he DESERVES it.
My family is whole again! My girls are in Michigan again, my son is with me more and more every week, and my dogs are home, fat, and happy.
Thank you Lord for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment