Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28, 2009

I am tired, so tired...

Since the time change this Spring, I haven't been able to sleep till the alarm goes off, I have been waking up at 5am for well over a month now.

I hate waking up before the alarm.

I REALLY HATE IT.

Lately though, which is just not cool in my book, I have been waking up at all hours of the night, like Monday morning I woke up at 3:30 am and did not get back to sleep, I even went to bed late at 11:30!

Last night, I woke up at 12:30 after going to bed at 11 and woke up almost every hour. I even went and tried to sleep in other rooms to avoid bothering the hubby with my tossing and turning.

The lack of sleep is not helping me, but what can I do? Not much, my brain is immediately active when I wake up in the night and there isn't much I have found that can stop it. Not Benadryl (I do have allergies) and not Tylenol. I haven't tried a hot toddy or sleeping pills, but I really don't want to be drowsy in the morning.

So... I am becoming a major grumpy person, and I don't know what I can do to stop it. The lack of sleep is what makes me grumpy, but it is like my mind just won't shut off once I am awake.

I almost think I should go see my doctor, but as I have said before - I can't stand the receptionist and my doctor feels that my age group should just deal as he doesn't want me to become anymore immune to medications than I already am. (I am immune to penicillin and a few other antibiotics.) I suppose that is a nice sentiment, but it never helps my current problems.

I miss my old doctor, the one that gave free back adjustments, but he went to go work at the Mayo Clinic in Ann Arbor and I can't blame him for wanting to do more than just general practicing. I still miss him and he's been gone for about 10 years, that's bad.

lol (OMG I actually laughed... don't tell anyone though, I just don't think I could keep up a large happy effort facade for long, sorry.)

So tonight, I think I will try the toddy first, maybe it will help since I don't drink much anymore, or maybe I will just drink the Jack Daniels and that will help me sleep through the night? Wadda you think about that?

Ok I am yawning again, so I will write more later, maybe about the hubby trying to destroy the computer at home again, that alone can make me grumpy...

Peace.

1 comment: