Wednesday, February 8, 2012

February 8, 2012

Wow, I have been very quiet on here for a very long time. 

I apologize for that, I really do. 

I suppose I could try and justify my time away from here, but to be honest I don't think I will.  I don't want to make up stories to make myself feel better about neglecting my blog and I don't want to lie to anyone here that bothers to read my posts. 

To be honest, I have just been busy elsewhere and did not feel the compulsion to post anything here.  With the multitude of social networking sites that are out there now, google+, facebook, LinkedIn, Multiply, etc.  I have been feeling that if I posted anything on one site, I would just be repeating myself if I posted on multiple web sites. 

I don't like repeating myself too often.  I think I have to do that enough with my family, especially since there are now three full fledged teenagers in said family. 

Yes, I typed three. 

It is overwhelming and stressful. 

However, anyone, who has ever been a parent of any number of children, I just typed something incredibly, COMPLETELY, and possibly redundantly, obvious with that statement, it is nothing new to you, or any other parent.  And yet, I felt compelled to type it, because it makes it more concrete for me.  They are stressful, they make me cry, they make me laugh, they make me angry and have heartburn, but they are mine and I won't trade them in.  I may threaten to, but I won't actually do it.  E-bay won't let me sell them and I don't trust craigslist so, I can't sell them. 

I think that even with the trials and tribulations that my three teenagers have given and will continue to give me,  I will keep them ... for now.

Peace ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment